Protect Your Family
Computers are wonderful tools. But like so many things, they can be used for good or ill. There are dangers associated with computers like Internet addiction, pornography addiction, and dangerous pedophiles lurking in chatrooms. The following are a series of steps you can take to greatly reduce the risks inherent with having a computer in your home.
1. Put the computer in a public, high-traffic area of your home.
2. Control computer access by using passwords.
3. Use a web browser that blocks pop-ups from flashing up on your loved ones.
4. Don't let email make you see something you don't want to see.
5. Watch what your family does on the computer.
6. Talk with your family.